Don’t have a Macintosh so I can’t personally test this, but if you do it’s definitely worth checking out:
TrailRunner is a route planning software for all kinds of long distance sports like running, biking, hiking, inline-skating, skiing and more. If you ever asked yourself how long your workout routes are and what route you should choose for this evening — then TrailRunner should be your training-partner. TrailRunner can calculate a route for your desired distance and export directions onto your iPod, giving you a detailed orientation while you are on your way.
- For Running – Plan workout routes and check your pace at checkpoints.
- For Hiking – Plan tours and collect beautiful tracks and trails.
- For Hiking – Import and analyze GPS recordings.
- Internet Services – Load background maps and elevation data.
- Personal Notes – Annotate your tracks with descriptions, colors and the famous iTunes rating stars.
- Route Planning – Interactively or automatically, for a given distance and with the highest attractiveness.
- NanoMaps – Export route descriptions as NanoMaps for iPods or cellphones.
- Nike + iPod Sport Kit – Import workouts and assign routes with real world distances.
- Heart Rate Monitors – Import and manage GPX or Polar HRM workout protocols.
- Garmin Training Center – Display and manage workouts for Garmin ForeRunner or Garmin Edge devices directly from Garmin Training Center.
- Diary – Collect and describe workouts and compare histograms.
- Apple .Mac – Publish an excerpt of your diary and route descriptions as a WebLog.
- Exercise plan – Improve your base endurance in small and adaptive steps.
- Calendar – Manage your goals and planned events.