Following up on the previous post, an email pointed me towards Map Of The World – Shaded Relief, another Google Maps terrain-shaded relief site. It has some pros and cons compared to the GeoLabels website, but the two are a good complement to each other.
- Larger Google Map size
- Ability to turn off man-made features (Relief vs. Relief+)
- VE button that overlays Virtual Earth maps (road map only
- “Search for place or feature” returns all features containing the search term, not just man-made, and plots them as markers on the map
- Far superior bathymetric (underwater) shading
- Terrain shading not as colorful or visually appealing as GeoLabels website
- Maximum zoom level lower