- A new installer
- ILWIS as an OGC compliant WMS client: visualization of WMS layers (or combinations thereof) as raster maps.
- Calculation tool for Surface Energy Balances (SEBS).
- ILWIS as an MS Visual 2008 project.
- Easy extension of analytical functions (so-called applications and applications UIs) based on a plug-in system.
- Improved possibilities/capabilities for writing server side applications: separation of the user interface and analytical functionality.
ILWIS is a full-featured, highly sophisticated raster-oriented GIS program. See this earlier post for a longer list of some of its features, as well as links to extensive documentation (currently missing from the 52 North website).