Just a few notes on this site’s privacy policies:
- You’re required to leave your email address when sending an email or posting a comment. This email is only used to notify you if I post a reply to your comment. Neither your email, nor any other email address used in this blog’s comments, will ever be sold or given away to any third-party without your express written individual permission.
- This site uses third-party advertising companies (e.g. Google) to serve ads when you visit this Web site. Those companies may use a cookie to anonymously track visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- This site leaves a small cookie in your browser that anonymously tracks the number of times you visit the site over a two-week period. This is sometimes used to modify the content you see, e.g. reducing the number of ads shown if you’re a regular visitor.
- Anonymous visitation and browsing statistics are collected by three different services: Google Analytics, Sitemeter, and Quantcast. They also may leave cookies on your browser to anonymously track things like whether you’re a new or return visitor, and how long it’s been since your last visit.
- To disable cookie-based tracking, check your browser’s help file to find out how to delete and/or disable cookies for a website or service. You can also visit the Google Privacy Center to opt out of Google’s interest-based advertising program.
- Free Geography Tools is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
If you have any comments or concerns about any of these policies, please feel free to contact me using the “Contact Me” link at the top of the website.